Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What is my Full Potential?

That's what I'm trying to find out...

Welcome to my new blog! I'm going through a period of reinvention right now and it always helps me to get my thoughts down in writing, so welcome aboard! Maybe something I stumble on will help someone going through the same thing? Maybe it will help my friends and family get to know me a little more? Or maybe someone lurking will get some sort of entertainment from this. Who knows... but here it is!

Here are a few things you should know about me...
  • I write like I talk. This is me. I wasn't an English major, I don't do rough drafts, I don't proofread, and I don't always use complete sentences... and I don't care.
  • I'm a Scanner and my interests vary constantly, so this is going to turn out to be a mishmosh of pretty much everything under the sun (maybe even including the sun).
  • I'm not a scheduler, I don't write posts weeks in advance. I write what I feel when I feel it. If I don't, whatever happened usually seems irrelevant to me, or I lose the juicy details, so that's why I like to get it down in writing! I never know when I'll want to come back to it.
  • I call it like I see it and am striving to be completely honest in all areas of my life.
  • I'm a sharer, so prepare yourself!
Here's what I see happening in this space... I see talk of deep inner thoughts, love, loss, grief, hope, despair, family relationships, friendships, genealogy, career, hopes and dreams, astrology, skincare, exercise, running, injuries, accomplishments, successes, failures, learning opportunities, books, finances, health, diet, nutrition, real food, my dog, raw dog food, home ownership, the economy, self-sufficiency, asking for help, nature, nurture, creativity, Nebraska law, left brain, right brain, sleeping, being present, the Universe, thoughts on aging, observations, predictions, travel, lifetime learning, and all of the things that go into what makes me ME!

See, I've led a pretty charmed life. I had a idyllic childhood in California, moved to Nebraska with my parents and younger sister when I was 7, lived here most of my life until I struck out on my own in 2003 and moved to Chicago, lost my Dad, sowed some wild oats, quit my job of 11 years, moved back to Nebraska in 2008 and have floated along until just recently.

Although I've had quite a few great successes, I don't feel like I've really tried my hardest to accomplish anything. I just seem to fall into things (sometimes literally!) and they just seem to work out. And while that's great and everything and I'm a pretty normal, balanced, good-natured person... I think I can do better. I KNOW I can do better. So I'm going to try. I have been trying. That's what 2011 is all about for me... reinventing myself. What is my full potential? Is there such a thing? What is the best version of me? Let's find out...

Something is in the air... big changes are coming... and for once in my life, I feel ready for it!

1 comment: